The other night for dinner I cooked up a very simple but also VERY delicious meal inspired by this recipe I found on Pinterest.
As I explained on my last recipe post. I tend to use most recipes I find as inspirations rather then following them step by step by step. Additionally, something to note for any future recipe posts I publish, I also almost never measure when it comes to spices and seasonings.
I was lucky enough to grow up with a mom who ALWAYS kicked-ass in the kitchen. Watching and learning from her, I have been able to learn how to get away with most recipes and meals without measuring. It’s actually is one of my favorite things about cooking. Unlike baking, throwing a dash of this or that doesn’t necessarily make or break your meal. Cooking leaves way more room for creativity!
However, if you’re not as comfortable, there is nothing wrong with following a recipe to a tee. In fact, if you’re still learning and growing in the kitchen, I encourage it.
Anyways, I digress.
Here is what you’ll need/what I used:
- Half an orange bell pepper
- Half a red bell pepper
- Broccoli (I used frozen from a bag)
- One medium red potato
- One medium zucchini
- Baby carrots
- Some type of mild sausage (I used Hillshire Farms turkey Kielbasa, My FAVORITE and a much healthier option)
- olive oil
- Red pepper flakes
- Garlic powder or salt (I used salt)
- Minced garlic
- Italian seasoning
- Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 400.
2. Cut up your peppers, zucchini, carrots and potato to desired bit sized pieces
3. In a medium bowl, add all cut veggies with broccoli. Add olive oil and all other seasonings/flavors. Mix and coat all veggies.
4. Foil line a baking sheet and pour coated veggies on sheet, spreading to cover the entirety of the sheet.
5. Slice up your sausage and add to the bowl where the veggies were, mixing to coat with any excess oil and seasonings.
6. Spread sausage over veggies and place in the oven.
7. Allow to cook for about 10 minutes. Mix around the veggies and sausage to ensure even cooking and flavor. At this point you can put any additional seasoning if you feel necessary. Cook for another 15 minutes.
8. Remove from oven, sprinkle with parmesan cheese and dig in!